I love to answer questions and I love books! So this could get quite interesting!
1. Favorite childhood book?
As I child I especially loved the books of Astrid Lindgren. I think the one I liked most was: Emil of Lönneberga. I should read this again! The story of a little boy and all his pranks 😀
2. What are you reading right now?
About two weeks ago my father sorted out all the old books me and my sisters were reading during our childhood. Lots of memories! So I saved them all and now I am all reading them again 😀 At the moment I am reading The little ghost by Otfried Preußler. Loved that as a child.
3. Do you go to a library? If so, what do you currently have checked out there? If not, is there a reason?
I used to go every week to the library! But since I moved it is not so close anymore and I almost never go now, sadly! I love the library and I could spend hours and hours there!
4. Do you collect any authors/series or certain types of books?
I love everything about Sherlock Holmes!! I have the books by Arthur Conan Doyle, but also Biogrphies and other Books about Sherlock Holmes! I love this character!
5. Do you have a yearly goal on amount of books you want to finish?
No, I don’t. I just read the books as they cross my paths.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
I do! And I quite love it! Of course there is nothing better that a real book, I love the smell and how the paper feels, but I can not deny that the e-reader is so practical! I love that I can carry so many books and they weigh almost nothing! I call it Fred 😀
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I am a girl for only one book at a time 😀
8. Do you have a blog where you post about books?
Well no I don’t have a blog just for books, but I monthly post bookrecommendations on this blog here!
9. Do you follow any blogs about reading/books? Which ones?
No, I don’t. If I am interested in a book I google it sometimes and look some recommendations up, but that’s it basically.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year (so far in 2015)?
I loved Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Jarvis McGraw. I posted a recommendation earlier this year.
11. Least favorite book you read this year (so far in 2015)?
I tried to read Siddhartha by Herman Hesse but I stopped midway through. It is said to be really important and good, but I just thought it was boring as hell ^^
12. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
I do not really have a comfort zone I read almost everything. Except Horror. No Stephen King in my bookshelf.
13. What is your reading comfort zone?
Like I said. Except Horror I read almost everything.
14. Favorite place to read?
I often read in train on the way to the university, or on my sofa with a nice cup of tea, but I can read everywhere.
15. What are your thoughts on book lending?
Well, mostly I am the one lending books from everybody else. So I am all for book lending!
16. What are your thoughts on pirated books?
Well.. Of course it is wrong! Books should be bought to support the author, but if I am honest I do have one or three.
17. What are your thoughts on “Banned” books?
So I personally, I think everyone should decide on his own if a book is worth to be read or not. If a book gets banned it is just getting more interesting. Same thing with drugs.
18. What are barriers you have to reading more?
Well university. But I am lucky I am studying languages so I can read a lot interesting books and it even benefits my studies 😉
19. How many books have you read in the last six months?
O.o never count them.. Maybe around 20?
20. What makes you love a book?
Well I could say when it has the special something. Although I really can not define it. Maybe when I can identify myself with the character.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
Hmmm.. I recommend books I loved, books I am excited about! And I recommend them to people of which I think that they might like it as well 🙂
22. 5 of your top read genres
23. 5 authors you read a lot
Arthur Conan Doyle
Susan Elizabth Philipps
24. Do you read non-fiction? Biographies?
I do read non-fiction. I love Comedy Slamming for example (I hope that is not just a german thing ^^’)
25. How many times do you read a week?
Almost everyday. At least on my way to the university and at work sometimes too.
26. Do you feel you read better with or without noise?
Depends on the book. If I like it and if it is thrilling I don’t care about the rest of the world. If it is not that good I get distracted easily.
27. What influences your book choices?
Oh. I look at the bestseller lists and I stay always tuned with the new books of my faourite authors. Also sometimes I just wander around in book stores or at amazon and see what comes along 🙂
28. Favorite reading snack?
Bananachips!! I tend to just eat and eat when I read, so no more chocolate for me haha.
29. Do you literally judge a book by its cover, title, or author?
Maybe subconciously, but I try not to, because I know that the cover might not reflect the book properly.
30. What is the longest book you have ever read? The shortest?
The longest was The house of the spirits by Isabel Allende. A reeeeallly long book (but good!)
The shortest was Woyzeck by Georg Büchner. A fragmental theatre play. I went to see the opera too, but I didn’t really get it.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
When I liked a book I also like to give good reviews. And when I did not like a book I also tell and publish bad reviews. But well. Every review is always subjective. So the worst book to me can be the favourite book of someone else 🙂
32. Do you make up stories, or ever think about an alternate ending for a book because you want to?
I never make up alternative endings, but I do sometimes write short stories. No fan fiction tho.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
The Shining by Stephen King. That’s when I found out that I don’t like Horror books.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Any other book Stephen King wrote. This is really most definetley not my type of genre
35. What book do you try to steer people away from?
50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James. Such an embaressing book!
36. What book do you recommend most to others?
I often recommend the book Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. I love that book. I already recommended this book here.
37. Do you ever re-read books?
YES! Often 🙂
38. Favorite fictional character?
Sherock Holmes! ♥ He is so perfect in every way ♥♥
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Severus Snape from the Harry Potter books…Although in the end he is not really a villain, hm?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
I try to bring books that take place in the aerea. That is kinda cool and you learn something about the place you are staying at as well. And it is really nice when you recognize the places or the names of the streets.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Maybe about a week or so.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
I try to not leave a book unfinished, because I just don’t like things half done. But when I quit on reading it before the end it has to be extremly dull.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
When someone is trying to talk to me. If I hear my name more then three times shouted out loud at my face I might look up from my book ^^
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
I love the Harry Potter movies ♥
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Eragon! The books are awesome but the movie was just baaaaaad. So really bad.
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
umm.. about 40-50€ I’d say
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
At least 5 times 😀
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If it gets really boring, sometimes also when I don’t like the plottwist.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
I try to organize them by genre, but as new books come the whole organization goes to hell hah.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I am most defenetley a keeper haha. I only give the books away when I did not like them :p
51. Do you read for enjoyment or to gain knowledge?
Both. I like it best when you can combine both things 😀
52. Name a book that made you angry.
I think that never happened 😛 I sometimes get angry when a book has a unpleasant ending, but I can not think of one where I got really angry.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
I had to read Bel Ami, by Guy de Maupassant for a university class and I expected it to be dull, but in the end I really liked it!
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
I really thought I would like the book The casual vacancy by J.K. Rowling as she did such a great job with Harry Potter. But this one was so boring!
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
I never feel guilty for reading. Why should I?